The “U.S. Orthodontics Market” is projected to reach USD 4.21 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 13.1% during the forecast period. Increasing need for orthodontic treatments for managing malocclusion will be a critical factor aiding the growth of this market, states Fortune Business Insights™ in its report, titled “U.S. Orthodontics Market Size, Share COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Traditional Metal Braces, Ceramic Braces, Lingual Braces, and Clear Aligners), By Age Group (Adult, and Teenager), and by End User (Clinics, and Hospitals) and Forecast, 2020-2027”.
Get Request a Sample Copy of the U.S. Orthodontics Report:
Major U.S. Orthodontics Market Key players covered in the report include:
- Great Lakes Dental Technologies (Tonawanda, U.S.)
- AMERICAN ORTHODONTICS (Sheboygan, Wisconsin, U.S.)
- Henry Schein, Inc. (Melville, New York, U.S.)
- Institut Straumann AG (Basel, Switzerland)
- Align Technology, Inc. (San Jose, U.S.)
- DB Orthodontics (Silsden, U.K.)
- ENVISTA HOLDINGS CORPORATION (Ormco Corporation) (Brea, U.S.)
- Dentsply Sirona (York, Pennsylvania, U.S.)
- 3M (Saint Paul, Minnesota, U.S.)
U.S. Orthodontics Market Analysis 2021:
Contracting Demand for Elective Procedures amid COVID-19 to Hamper Growth
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to hinder the U.S. orthodontics market growth in 2020 owing to the shrinking demand for elective surgeries and treatments. Fears of contracting the infection and weakened spending capacity due to severe economic downturn are the primary reasons why patients are delaying or cancelling non-essential procedures, which include orthodontic treatments. For example, according to the US Department of Commerce, consumer expenditure on healthcare in the country dipped 18% in the first three months of 2020. Globally too, the situation is grim.
The Covid Surg Collaborative, a research initiative by 120 countries on the impact of the coronavirus on surgeries led by the University of Birmingham, estimates that over 28 million elective surgeries will be cancelled in 2020. Furthermore, small clinics and health facilities, which are generally preferred by patients for routine orthodontic procedures, have either shut down due to falling revenues or are facing massive work disruptions as a result of lockdowns and social distancing measures. This has led to diminished demand and declining sales. Henry Schein, for instance, reported a 47.5% decline in dental consumables and merchandise sales across North America in the second quarter of 2020. The coronavirus pandemic has, therefore, created major hurdles for the growth of this market.
As per the report findings, the value of the market stood at USD 1.98 billion in 2019. The report also provides the following:
- Detailed analysis of all segments of the market;
- Comprehensive examination of the key market drivers, trends, opportunities, and challenges;
- Careful study of the regional dynamics impacting the market; and
- In-depth evaluation of the prominent market players and their strategies.
For more information visit : https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/u-s-orthodontics-market-104039